How to recover corrupted PSD file, when opened in photoshop betrays that he has problems with layers and doesn’t open.
Did you lose important PSD files on your computer for no reason? PSD file suddenly corrupted and you can’t open the PSD file?
Is it possible to restore and repair corrupted PSD files on your PC? Of course!!! When you are having trouble opening a corrupted PSD file or aren’t able to find any trace of your photoshop images or pictures, relax! We are here to help! This article provides you with the best PSD file recovery software available in the market and will guide you to restore and repair the corrupted PSD files without the need for complex operations. Just download and install the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to rescue your lost PSD files right now. (If your lost PSD files or corrupted PSD files are less than 2GB, you can directly apply a free PSD file recovery software for help.)
Here’s a good trick that works in many cases. You’ll be using Fireworks to open, and re-save the Photoshop file. This will fix most corruption.
- Open the corrupt Photoshop file in Fireworks.
- Use Fireworks to save it as a .psd Photoshop file. (Important: Do Not save it as a Fireworks file or another extension, because Photoshop may not recognize the layers, or you could lose data.)
- Remember to give your file a different name when saving, so you won’t overwrite your original. (A good idea would be to create a backup of your original before trying this procedure.)
- Open your newly created file in Photoshop.
- Remember that many effects will not show in Fireworks, but should show up in the Photoshop layers.
Using Adobe Fireworks
Fireworks play nicely with Photoshop and generally preserves the most of the original layers/data. The older Fireworks versions are ok at this technique, but the newer CS versions are really good at preserving/transferring information. This works well when Photoshop and Fireworks are the same version/suite, to avoid the different version (too old/new) conflict. If your file is badly corrupted, you may be able to get some of your data back using this technique, or you can use PSD recovery online
Repair Corrupted PSD Files with EaseUS
To get things done, you need to follow the next two parts.
Part 1. Recover and restore deleted or lost PSD files
By using EaseUS’s Powerful PSD file recovery software, you will be able to restore lost, deleted, or even corrupted PSD files in a jiffy by following just a few simple clicks on all Windows systems (Windows 10/8/7 etc). This software will greatly help you to restore all of your lost Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/2016/2016 etc PSD files or any other images and pictures with a few simple clicks. Download for PCDownload for Mac
- First, please keep in your mind that once you lost files, stop using the device or folder immediately.
- Second, try to find the lost files in your Recycle Bin if the lost files were saved on the desktop.
- Third, turn to the professional file recovery software for help if nothing is found.
Step 1. Connect your device to PC.
If you lost files on an external storage device, connect the storage device to your computer firstly.
Step 2. Run this software and scan the lost file.
Run EaseUS file recovery software – Data Recovery Wizard on your PC, specify the location where you lost files and click “Scan” to scan those lost files.
Step 3. Preview and restore file.
After the scanning, you can find and double-click to preview your lost files here:
- Delete Files: All your deleted files are listed here.
- Drive (with your device name): It loads all lost files here.
- Lost Partition Files: Check first if your hard drive is formatted or partition gets deleted.
- Extra Files: All files that lost names or paths on your drive can be found here.
Step 4. Choose and restore files.
Finally, select the found files, click “Recover” and navigate to save them to a secure location on your PC or another external storage device.
After this, you can try to use the PSD files in Adobe Photoshop again. If some of the files are inaccessible or Photoshop warns you that the PSD files were corrupted, relax! In Part 2, we’ll show you how to repair corrupted PSD files and make them usable again.
Part 2. Repair corrupted PSD files/Fix corrupted PSD files
launch Adobe Photoshop to check whether the PSD file is corrupted. If Adobe Photoshop cannot read the damaged or corrupted PSD file, apply one of the two methods below to fix the matter.
Method 1. Repair corrupted PSD from the previous version
- Right-click the corrupted or damaged PSD file and select the option: Restore previous versions.
- Find an earlier version of the damaged or corrupted PSD file, then select Restore.
- Click Restore to confirm the order.
- Run Photoshop and open the restored PSD file again, click OK when a message pops up to warn that some text layers contain fonts are missing…
- Check all layers and remark the lost part with layers and save them as a new PSD file.
Method 2. Restore corrupted PSD from .temp file
- Go to Photoshop and click on File.
- Click Open and change the file extension from .temp to .psd.
- Click Open and then you’ll be able to see your unsaved work again.
- Save restored corrupted PSD files from the .temp file into .psd on your PC then.
When it has done, you’ve successfully restored and repaired corrupted PSD files. Now you can reuse them and continue your work with the newly found Adobe Photoshop PSD files again.